How CUTE are these?! Below you'll find the ingredients for these yummy yet adorable cupcakes sure to be a hit at any party!
Dark Chocolate Cupcake:
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour (or GF)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- To prepare the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, and coat the liners with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together the butter or coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in the Greek yogurt, stirring. Add in the pure maple syrup. Then pour in dry ingredients continuing to stir.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-22 minutes or until the centers feel firm and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a rack to cool completely.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 3 Tablespoons grass-fed butter, softened (Use Earth Balance 'butter' if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk or almond milk
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 4-5 Tablespoons potato starch
As for the Bows, you can go out and buy candy bows or make your own from scratch using these 2 simple steps: Melt white chocolate and pour into bow moulds to create bow-like shapes.
For an extra fun topping stick 2 oreo cookies on top of the frosting to make it look like mouse ears!